Where does the name 'Kiriko' come from?
-The name came from our founder Katsu Tanaka's nephews names put together, 'Kiri' and 'Riko'.
Are all of your fabrics from Japan?
-We import almost all of our fabric from Japan, mostly from Kyoto. We use vintage fabrics, and also work with current fabric mills. Some fabrics like the lining for bags is made in the US.
Is everything made in the Portland studio?
- We make some things in Portland and some things in Japan, and if needed we search for good quality makers in the US. We make samples/prototypes and one-of-a-kind products here in our studio, then we work with a seamstress in East Portland to make most of our product. Apparel is mostly made in Japan, ties are made on the East coast.
Do you guys hold private Boro Workshops?
- Yes! The cost is $150/person, and we require a minimum of 10 people. We provide all the fabrics, supplies, demonstration and small snacks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to hold one for your group.
What is your return policy?
- We hope you love your purchase from Kiriko, however, if you would like to return an item please email: email@example.com and we will assist you with your return instructions.
Items purchased from Kiriko maybe exchanged or returned for store credit only, within 14 days of receipt of items, provided they are in their original condition.
To learn more about our return policy, click HERE.
Do you guys do a repair service?
- We take pride in the quality of our products and we offer free repairs for any of our products purchased through our online shop or our retail shop. Please save your proof or purchase or give us the name you purchased with. However, depending on the condition, some repairs may require a reasonable fee.
If you would like to submit your item for repair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number/full name and a photo of the item where the repair is needed. If you live near Portland and if you have time to come down to our studio, feel free to bring them anytime during our shop hours, 10-6 on weekdays and 12-6 on weekends.
Help! The discount code isn't working?
- The discount codes won't work if there are any other promotions going on. You can only use one code at a time. However, if your code isn't working when you only typed in one discount code, feel free to contact us email@example.com.
See the chart below to see the price for any custom orders and if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our studio (503)222-0335.
***Currently we are backed up with too many custom orders, please contact email@example.com to get a quote and estimated timeline for your project. Thank you!
- Previous custom orders that we have done before:
Card Wallet, Scarves, Ties, Patchwork (Denim, Jacket, Hats, Happi, Kendogi), Hat bands, Pillow Cases, Bandanas, Curtain, Bed Spread, and more.
Do you want to make your own things with your own hands? Or have ideas but just can't get the right fabrics/materials? You can buy the fabrics from us, just see the chart below and if you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our studio (503)222-0335.
- Buy Kimono Fabrics HERE
- To buy Modern Fabric, please visit our store in Portland or e-mail us email@example.com.
We only sell scrap fabrics as a Patch Kit. To buy them, click HERE.
Do you guys do International Shipping?
-YES! International orders have the option between shipping via USPS or DHL. USPS can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks, depending on country. DHL typically takes 3-5 business days.
Our basic charge for International shipping is $25. However, there maybe an additional charge at the time of delivery.
To learn more about our shipping policy, click HERE.